H1 Tag Myth Busting
There's no matter if you run a tiny cake shop or any million dollar club content marketing definitely works. Content marketing simply means to increase your sales by preparing a strong content with powerful tools like keywords, backlink, tags etc. In this bunch of powerful tools one such big tools is h1 tags.
It's the main part of a page, which works to attract audience and clarify them about the topic. It helps to increase the content marketing by creating a great impact in SEO of that particular page. For better understanding keep following the blog.
To clarify this confusion among many of the people running businesses around online world it was very important. Let's just have a look what's the truth about it and how it has been proved now.
First look at the confusion one of the users threw in front of the Google SEO expert.
The user said- " I would like to know if we can use h1 tags more than once in a single page? Because everyone out there going to treat it differently.
To which John Mueller (Google SEO expert) reverted
He said "as many as you want".
Well he meant that you can actually add the h1 tags as much as your audience will get the benefit. Otherwise it will become a distracting thing for your content also, if you just stuff the page with h1 tags only.
What is h1 tag?
H1 tag is known to be the most important tag which every single page of the website should have. Generally it is used to give the audience a glimpse about the content which in simple terms can be said as topic name.
There are many of the websites who use h1 tags in many different ways in the web pages. It is advised to put it simple with only 2 or 3 words rather than to explain it with a full sentence.
Apart from many of these goodness, h1 tags holds a big benefit which is SEO. Yes! You can improve SEO of the page by adding some of the keywords to your h1 headings.
How can h1 tag be used for SEO ?
Usually it is seen that h1 tags works to affect on SEO directly so it is very beneficial for you to spend some to plan the setting to set the keywords in h1 headings. It will benefit the webpage in an indirect way. As you can imagine, if you choose to put multiple h1 tags in the page it will reflect to increase the user experience which will lead to increment in reach of the page also.
Once you have added the right keywords in the right place in the h1 tag then you are good to go. The mixing of relevant keywords on top of the page and presence of the right content which your audience thrusting for at this location will be very beneficial.
For many of the past years there was a myth among SEO experts and and many of the website developers that "you cannot use h1 tags more than once".
How can you use h1 tags to optimize the webpage?
- 1- Make sure that each and every webpage of the website have at least one h1 tag. If you go with a page without any single h1 tag then this will lead your audience to confuse whether they are on the right page.
- 2- Make sure that all of the h1 tags are unique. If you use duplicate content whether it's a single sentence then it can ruin all the good things.
- 3- Use more of accuracy and descriptive keywords. Like as you can try "about our bakery" at the place of "About".
- 4- Focus on using the right keywords at right place with your h1 tag in such a way that it makes sense " baking ingredients supplies shop".
- 5- Think creative as much as you can. It's not a matter of statement or fragments you can also choose them to be in the form of questions. Or choose to break the mystery in a full sentence.
Does h2,h3,h4… headings also gives an impact to the webpage?
Yes they do it, there's no doubt about it. However they contain less weight as compared to h1 tags. You can use the heading tags as much as you want it is a better option in the field of SEO also.
You can use h2,h3…. Headings to answer any question which will help in gaining a good user experience and increase the reach.