6 Killer Tips for Localizing Your Online Store
Did you know that your English website is only catering to about one-third of your potential customer base? It would be a shame to not tap into such vibrant potential, such a waste.The international market is the next step for any thriving e-commerce venture. And if you will not take that step soon with your business, one of your competitors definitely will.Online stores are already accessible from any part of the globe, so what is stopping you from going global?
To run a successful business, you have to meet your audience halfway. With the internet, wearing down the fences and turning the world into one big global village, half of your work is already done.
It is on you to engage the customers with your product, and the best way to do it is by communicating in their language. This is where localization comes in.That’s why we bring you these 6 tips for localization for your local store like - Android Localization, Ecommerce translation, IOS app localization. If you want to benefit from the other two third of the customer base, it can’t be done without a solid localization strategy. And that is just one of the many reasons for localizing.
Why Localize Your Online Store?
A recent study showed that customers are more inclined to buy the product if it is marketed to them in their own language. That’s why translating your website is very essential. It is important to be careful when translating ecommerce website content - including the product description, database driven content, and images - into the language of your target market, and to ensure cultural sensitivity.
Any misstep can not only drive the potential customers away but also make your brand look unprofessional and untrustworthy.
Make sure that you provide your customers with the best user experience by keeping up with the preferences of your target market. Inculcating the unique needs into the design of the website for the particular country ensure great results.
So, the real question isn’t why localize your online store, but in how many languages? Experts are of the opinion that 14 languages are enough to stay in the competitive market. But if you want to cover a wider range of audience than the magic number is 20.
6 Tips To Localize Your Online Store
Localizing your website in twenty or even fourteen languages may seem like a daunting process. But the benefits that come from it speak for themselves. Here are some tips for localizing your online store.
- 1. Track the right location and languages for your store
- 2. Laws and regulations for online store localization
- 3. Market research for your online store
- 4. What to localize in online business?
- 5. User-generated data for online business
- 6. Localized apps
1. Track the Right Location and Languages For Your Store
Knowing the preferences of your target audience is the key to effective store localization. To acquire that information, analysis of online data and user behaviour is essential. An analysis of online data can help you get a good start. For example, the review of the languages that most of your customers speak can help you prioritize the markets that you want to localize your store in based on interest.
2. Laws and Regulations for online store localization
There are different laws that apply when you take your business international. These rules and laws affect the development and localization of your website.
Local privacy laws are the most important laws when it comes to e-commerce. These laws govern the use of information collected by businesses that can identify a person.
- An introduction of the business
- Explanation of the information collected
- How it is collected
- How it will be stored
- Where it will be stored
- How it will be used
3. Market Research For Your Online Store
Digital marketing plays an important role in making the business visible to customers. Thus, making it important to know the channels that need to be used for the specific market.It is also important to understand the buying patterns depicted by the customers of the specific market. Therefore, thorough market research is important to know how to localize online according to the market.
4. What to Localize In Online Business?
After the research phase is completed, the businesses need to prioritize the data that needs to be localized first in online. These are the basic elements that are pretty much the same for any business.
- Language: Most people tend to abandon the websites they cannot read almost immediately.
- Currency & Payment: It goes without saying that customers want to know the prices in their own currency. No one has the time to look up the exchange rates. Secondly, there are different payment methods in different countries. Make sure you are offering them methods available to them.
- Design: graphics play a great role in localization as well. A simple color, for instance, can mean different things in different countries. As can the images used in the original content. Make sure that you are using neutral colors and images in your design.
- Storefront: when the customers open your store, they want to feel welcomed and comfortable. That can be ensured when they see their own language on the storefront.
5. User-generated data For Online Business
Did you know 70% of the people read the reviews in online market before they make a purchase? About 63% of consumers only buy the product with positive reviews. That is how important customer review is.
When the customers read these reviews in their own language, this will make them even more comfortable with your online listed store.
6. Localized Apps
Mobile apps are everything today. They prefer using apps instead of going to the website in their browsers. Android and IOS app localization may be the best decision you make for your business. It will not only provide your customers with convenience but also help you reach a broader market.
Hire a Translation Company
There are many ways to go about it, but the best one is to