The car rental and leasing market is dynamically developing in many countries around the world. There is a fundamental difference between these two financial models. While regular rental allows the driver to use the car temporarily, leasing allows the customer not only to use the car, but also to purchase it and gain ownership rights to it at the end of the lease term.
Nevertheless, these models also have a lot in common. Both rental and leasing allow customers to save money on buying their own vehicle. For residents of large cities, this is a convenient alternative to public transport and taxi services, which is why the number of clients for rental and leasing companies regularly increases.
The management of such a business is quite complex, which is why the company owner needs to control many business processes simultaneously. However, there are methods that can optimize the company's activities and significantly increase its efficiency. These include the implementation of specialized car rental and leasing software.
Such software helps to automate many processes, monitor the condition of the vehicle fleet, track the location of cars, and manage the company using convenient digital solutions for computers and mobile phones.
You Can Also Read: The Future of Influencer Marketing: Trends and Opportunities
Automation of the rental process
During the car rental process, there are many operations that can be significantly optimized through the use of leasing software. Such systems help to streamline the following business processes:
1. Registration in the system
With the development of digital technologies, companies offer customers more and more convenience. For example, when renting a car, a driver no longer has to come to the company's office in person to conclude a deal - they can quickly register in the online system without leaving home.
2. Data entry
Software leasing is much easier since all the necessary information can also be provided by clients online. At the same time, driver data will be automatically entered into the database. The client can even upload documents confirming their identity and driver's license, which greatly simplifies the verification of the renter's information.
3. Car selection
After filling in the information about themselves, the client can choose a car of their desired type and brand from the range of cars available on the website. Another advantage of automotive leasing software is the ability to track the status of the car in real-time, allowing the lessor to accurately predict which cars will remain available for rental.
4. Automatic booking
When the renter selects a car, start and end times of the rental, they submit a reservation request. With the help of car rental and leasing software, such requests are automatically processed and entered into the database, and the client receives an automatic booking confirmation.
5. Returning the car
At the appointed time, the client picks up the rented car from the location previously specified. Some companies also set up automatic withdrawal of a deposit from the renter's credit card - it serves as a guarantee of compensation for damage in case the car is damaged or, for example, contaminated due to the fault of the client.
6. Tracking the car
When a car is rented, the lessor can set up automatic alerts to monitor the car's movements, its technical condition, and cases of dangerous driving. This is possible thanks to the connection of each vehicle to the leasing software system.
7. Car drop-off
At the end of the rental period, the client is required to return the car to the rental company. Payment depends on the rental model: for example, in short-term car-sharing rentals, the client pays for the trip upon its completion, and the payment amount depends on the duration of the rental or the mileage of the car. Long-term rentals, on the other hand, are often paid for at the time of returning the car.
Online technologies continue to develop, making software leasing management much easier. Nowadays, developers create software that can be easily adapted not only to personal computers but also to smartphones.
Thus, car rental company management can be carried out using a multifunctional mobile application with a convenient interface. As a rule, the application can be installed on phones with iOS and Android operating systems. This opens up many additional opportunities for business owners.
In particular, through the mobile application, you can:
- Manage documents, such as reviewing current contracts, updating insurance information, checking documentation for each vehicle, signing deals using electronic signatures, and monitoring tax payments.
- Monitor vehicles, including receiving photos of damage in the event of an accident, monitoring engine condition and fuel level, setting up automatic notifications for unauthorized entry into the vehicle, and tracking the location of each vehicle using a GPS tracker.
- Control orders, including managing rental requests, automating the booking process, setting up a system to notify customers, creating a database of drivers, and receiving information about fines or dangerous driving incidents.
- Plan marketing activities. Some developers also provide the option to integrate the company's marketing strategy into leasing software.
- View reports and statistics. Collect reports from different departments of the company, analyze the order history of each car to make the fleet as profitable as possible, analyze the market situation and consumer behavior for further planning of the company's activities and business development.
Document management system
The special advantage of automotive leasing software is the ability to create a document management system that helps optimize many business processes. The company owner receives several important benefits from using such a system:
- Time savings through electronic document flow
- Increased company efficiency
- Environmentally friendly and rational use of resources
- Reduction of expenses for document processing and delivery
- Reliable and secure storage of important information
The document management system performs the following functions:
1. Invoicing. Thanks to the integration of a convenient online payment system, the company can issue electronic invoices and accept payments from customers almost anytime. By registering in the system, the renter enters their banking information only once, which significantly simplifies future payment of rental service bills.
2. Document transfer. Software leasing is also simplified by the fact that all documentation can be stored securely in a virtual cloud, which significantly speeds up the process of transferring documents between different parties. For example, the lessor can send vehicle-related documentation through an application or quickly exchange files with corporate clients and contractors.
3. Conclusion of deals. In the car rental system, the company owner gets the ability to use electronic signatures instead of the regular ones. This significantly speeds up the process of signing various documents between the company, clients, and partners. At the same time, an electronic signature has the same legal force as a physical one.
4. Driver verification. The car renter must provide certain documents: a driver's license and passport or another document confirming their identity. Manually filling out all the data often takes a lot of time, but car rental and leasing software allows for reading the driver's documents and quickly uploading them into the system.
Email and SMS notification mechanism
A significant advantage of specialized software is the ability to automate the mechanism of sending various notifications. For example, this could be an automatic notification of a client's reservation confirmation. However, the lessor can also receive important real-time alerts regarding the company's activities, financial operations, and the condition of vehicles.
The most commonly used types of automatic updates are:
- Email. The notification is sent to the email address previously specified by the user.
- SMS. Notification in the form of a short text message sent to a mobile phone;
- Messengers. In recent years, various messengers have become a convenient alternative for receiving important alerts;
- Push notifications. Typically a small message from a mobile app that appears on the user's screen;
- Automatic call. Usually used in cases where the notification requires a personal response from the user of the system.
Specialized software provides the opportunity to integrate and combine different additional systems, creating a unified solution for managing all of a company's business processes. Examples of such toolkits include customer relationship management (CRM) and car rental system (CRS), each with its own advantages.
Thus, the main features of CRM are as follows:
- Order management.
- The ability to integrate marketing activities.
- Efficient planning.
- Collection of customer databases.
- Automation of notifications.
- Analysis and segmentation of the target audience.
- Increase the efficiency of the company's work.
- The ability to integrate with other systems.
CRS also provides many benefits to the rental company:
- Automation of car rental bookings.
- Checking the availability of each car for rent.
- Tracking the location of vehicles.
- Monitoring the technical condition and fuel level.
- Protection against car theft.
- Managing tariffs, promotions, and marketing.
- Collecting information about drivers and dangerous driving.
- Synchronizing interaction with contractors.
Car rental and leasing software is a set of convenient and functional tools that allow companies to significantly increase the efficiency of each department by automating business processes.
With such systems, you can manage your fleet, track the status of each vehicle, simplify document flow, set up automatic notifications, and manage all processes using a convenient mobile application. Thanks to such solutions, the company saves significant time and financial resources, which can be directed towards quality development and scaling of the business in the future.