Cyber security is a pressing issue in the current scenario. The need to protect our digital lives has never been more urgent, and the threat of cyber-attacks has never been more significant.
Cyber security software tools are developed to help detect malicious activities on your computer or network.
There are many benefits to using cyber security software tools, including but not limited to better protection against new threats, faster detection of newly discovered vulnerabilities, increased productivity due to reduced downtime caused by malware attacks, and many more.
You can use them for various purposes such as inspecting incoming messages, monitoring internet traffic, blocking malware at the gateway, etc. Cyber security is a big concern for many people these days, and it can cause massive problems if you are not careful. To protect your networks from cyber threats, you need the best protection available and, to have a better grasp on cyber security and the threats available, get cyber security training from an IT Security Institute. However, this blog post will explore eight cyber security software tools predicted to be the best in 2022.
What Is Cyber Security?
You Can Also Read: The Importance Of A Digital Marketing Strategy For Small Businesses
Cyber security is the field of study that focuses on protecting networks, devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access through the use of technology. Information technology security is one way to refer to cyber security, which is a part of network security.
Cyber security software tools are programs explicitly designed to protect networks from cyber threats. They use various techniques, such as scan detection and blocking IP addresses, which can help prevent hackers from successfully infiltrating your network or device.
Types of Cyber Threats
The cyber threats faced by our networks include:
- Cybercrime: Individuals or groups targeting systems for financial gains or public disruption
- Cyber-attacks: Attempt to damage or destroy a computer network or system.
- Cyber terrorism: Computer misuse for political purposes that can result in significant disruption or widespread panic in the community
With the advancement of technology, almost everyone is subjected to social media and network connections. It has led to new cyber attacks such as:
- Dridex Malware: It is a financial Trojan that infects computer networks through phishing emails or existing malware. It steals passwords, bank information, personal data and has caused millions of dollars in financial loss.
- Romance Scams: Cybercriminals use dating sites, chat rooms and apps to gain confidential personal data.
- Emotet Malware: It is a sophisticated Trojan that steals data through unsophisticated passwords.
Through malware analysis, you will be able to understand the behavior of suspicious files, hence moderating any potential threats. With the assistance of malware analysis, you can identify the source of an attack and identify the malware’s vulnerability.
8 Best Cyber Security Tools List
Cyber security tools are used for various purposes. They are:
- Antivirus Software
- Penetration Testing
- Traffic Analysis
- Malware Detection
- Network Defence Wireless Tools
- Network Security Monitoring Tools
- Encryption Tools
- Web Vulnerability Scanning Tools
Cyber security software tools are used to eliminate danger and mitigate the consequences of a cyber security assault. Various cyber security job roles aim towards working on specific areas to overcome network hindrances.
Considering the different latest and existing cyber threats, the top 10 cyber security tools for 2023 are as the following:
- Wire shark
- Life lock
- Malware bytes
- Solar Winds
- Mime cast
- Bit defender
1. Wire shark
Wire shark is security software that can monitor network traffic and identify any vulnerabilities in your system. Previously known as Ethereal, it is open-source network software that can analyze both protocols and enhance security in real-time.
It has been found especially useful by professionals who want to monitor their networks for vulnerabilities and extract information from data packets to identify weaknesses within the system's security measures.
The features of Wire shark include:
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols
- Runs on multi-platform
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Read or write many different capture file formats
- Live capture and offline analysis
LifeLock offers all-inclusive protection to your devices, personal information and online privacy. Professionals utilise this software to identify, detect, and block cyber theft.
Lifelock solution is available for three pricing plans: Individual Plan for one adult, Family Plan for two adults, and the final Family Plan for two adults and five kids. It is then further segregated into Select, Advantage, and Ultimate Plus plans.
Some of the critical features of Lifelock are:
- Safest identity theft protection
- Offers VPN
- Safeguards your home and business
- Detects and alerts a wide range of threats
- Easy resolve of identity theft and stolen fund reimbursement
Acunetix is the solution to secure your websites, web apps and APIs. It can find over 7,000+ vulnerabilities on all pages of complex websites and during routine scanning for updates. It is best applicable for small businesses, enterprise customers, web professionals and pen-testers.
It is designed for network security operations. The on-premise and on-demand options at Acunetix give you flexibility. Acunetix further enables you to scan everything with advanced crawling technology. It can go through simple pages to password-protected areas.
Some of the striking features of Acunetix include:
- Fast and deep scans to prevent vulnerabilities
- Advanced micro-reading technology
- It can get seamlessly integrated into your systems
- Discover vulnerabilities using combined interactive and dynamic application security testing
Malware bytes is a cyber security company that offers protection from malware, ransom ware and other malicious websites. It can also protect against advanced online threats that are not detected by an antivirus program.
Malware bytes offers cyber security solutions for both homes as well as businesses. It provides companies with a wide range of goods and services, such as Endpoint security, incident response, and other cyber security services. These solutions are available in the Education, Finance, and Healthcare industries. It is also open to supporting Windows, Mac, and Android, iOS, Chrome book devices.
Malware bytes offers three pricing plans for both personal and business use. The business plan is crafted especially for Teams costing $49.99, Endpoint Protect for $69.99, and Endpoint Detection and Response for $84.99.
In addition, some of the features of Malware bytes are:
- Cleans malware infection and protects against ransom ware
- It can conduct privacy audits for all software
- Scans viruses faster and can find and remove adware
- Better internet security and hides from malware
Solar Winds' Cyber Security Software Tool is a cloud-based network solution that detects threats, monitors security strategies and protects the network. In addition, this tool has built-in integrity monitoring with an easy user interface for quickly detecting cyber attacks on your business.
Solar Winds, Access Rights Manager, is security software that protects you from data loss. It was created to allow automated creation and evaluation of access policies with ease. It features an integrity monitoring module, an easy-to-use interface and dashboard, and a centralized log gathering that allows users to identify and combat assaults quickly.
Other striking features of Solar Winds are:
- Easy-to-use data loss prevention software
- Provides alerts for suspicious activity
- Captures user access details to investigate insider risks
- Validates compliance in data protection using DLP software solution
- Minimise the impact of insider threats
VIPRE is a robust cyber security solution that allows you to safeguard your home or business from harmful attacks, malware, and spam communications without difficulty. It aids in the protection against new cyber dangers and offences.
It assists with business security by providing comprehensive email and endpoint protection and real-time threat intelligence. In addition, it gives your company and partners additional layers of protection. It works on both Windows and Mac platforms.
Vipre provides Home Protection Tools in three pricing tools. Antivirus Plus for $14.99, Advanced Security for $23.99, and Ultimate Security Bundle for $39.99. In addition, Vipre Business Protection is made available in three plans. It starts with Core Defense for $96, Edge Defense for $96, and Complete Defense for $144.
The features of Vipre are as follows:
- Protects incoming and outgoing traffic
- Unites AI technology with real-time threat tracking
- Performs quick scans and permanently removes traces of files
Mime cast is a cloud-based email security and cyber resilience solution. It offers a variety of solutions, including Email security with threat protection, Information protection, Web security, Cloud Archiving, and so on.
It is most suitable for small to large businesses as it provides a persuasive protection strategy on multi-vector attacks, phishing, BEC, insider threats, and brand impersonation.
Features that make Mime cast stand out are:
- Provides email security from spear-phishing, ransom ware, impersonation and more
- Quickly detects cyber attacks
- Content control and data loss prevention
- Blocks inappropriate business websites
- Provides cloud archiving facilities to securely archive emails, files and other data
The cloud-based antivirus network tool Bit defender helps keep you safe from various cyber threats by using new-age security techniques and technologies needed for personal information protection. It also protects one’s privacy while browsing on any device or app without sacrificing speed!
Bit defender also comes equipped with Anti Phishing features that block attempts at stealing sensitive data like passwords. It even has anti-theft software built-in to perform real-time data protection, online privacy and advanced threat defence.
You can experience the best multi-device protection against all threats through three pricing plans. The one year plan is for $44.99, the two-year plan for $104.99, and the three-year plan for $139.99.
Some of the prominent features of Bit defender are:
- Provides multi-layer ransom ware protection
- It is supported on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Keeps your devices safe from new as well as existing threats
- Reacts instantly to malware without jeopardising system performance
- Take absolute care of online privacy and personal information
Cyber security software tools are a must-have for any business or individual as they can help protect against all types of threats. These include ransom ware, phishing, malware, virus, trojan and spyware, to name a few. In 2022, the best cyber security software tools will be multi-functional with features that simultaneously offer high levels of protection from multiple devices. In addition, they should provide users complete control over their privacy while also acting as an advanced threat defence without compromising system performance in any way.